Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh, the dull, cheeky, crapola hatchet!

Today in the News:  My computer is officially dead.  I'm stuck using my wife's old laptop that has a broken hinge and the "O" button doesn't really work.  I'm probably going to piece it together until I can afford a Mac.  HP has stolen enough of my money. Bastardos!

Link of the Dayhttp://www.hpsucks.com/ .  Don't click the link.  I haven't actually founded the website yet.


Oh, The Dull, Cheeky, Crapola Hatchet

bmatt chimed in that it looked like perhaps it was time to get electrical on the hatchet.  I don't have a sander, so I used the grinder.




I know what you're thinking.  "Boy, he's going to screw that up, burnin' it with the grinder and all."  You're probably right.  I didn't take any pictures of me grinding, because it is dangerous.  And my four-year-old photographer doesn't like the sound of the grinder.

It was exactly this cold out, so I didn't have to worry much about the metal getting too hot.  I kept one hand out of the glove to keep checking, though.


Filed some more.


I'm pretty bad at this, but that's okay.  This head sucks. 



However, in the end, it appears to be a little sharper with less cheek.  That was my goal. 

I also did some minor sanding on the handle.  I threw it at a fox awhile ago that was chasing my favorite feral cat.  Don't judge me.  That cat has been here longer than me and lives in the rocks above my house.  He provides for himself so well that when he runs, his belly wiggles.  I guess he doesn't really need my help.  I wasn't trying to hit the fox and paid the price by putting dings in L.J.'s handle.  I know, I know.  Don't be mean to animals.  You're right. 



And this is the finished product.  In the end, I tried feather sticks with it and there was still too much cheek. It is sharper.  Not by much.  That really frustrates me. Really, really frustrates me. Uncle Bern read the last blog about this hatchet and wrte me a note.  It ended with, "you can't polish a turd."  You can, in fact, polish a turd, but it is and will always be a turd.  And you'll probably get some turd on your coat.


Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum,

Mike, Oscar, Hotel....out.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you got off to a good start. Just keep at it. :)

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh....don't make me put any love into this hatchet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing details. Heat Pax Warmers – we carry huge variety of heat pax warmers that effective defense against the winter cold. Buy industrial heat pax warmers at your range.

    ReplyDelete