Monday, May 30, 2011

A Little Bit o' This and That

A Little Bit o' This and That

Today, some stuff that folks have sent me.  Always feel free to send links, comments, ideas, etc. to thesharpenedaxe@hotmail.com

Stay tuned this week, I've got some exciting stuff coming up!



B&A sent me this link.  Handy!




Jonathan Schlesinger from Illinois writes:

Hello!  You will find a photo of two Rocky Mountain Goats (mother and kid) attached to this message.  The photo was taken just outside of Mt. Rushmore National Monument during my cross-country bike ride in summer 2008. 

According to the National Park Service website, "The [Mt. Rushmore's Rocky Mountain Goat] population can be traced to six goats, a gift to Custer State Park by Canada in 1924, that escaped from their pens and found their home among the Black Hills granite peaks."



I'd love to hear more about that bicycle trip, Jonathan!

And GT sent me some pics from last fall, camp, Northern Maine.







 Ah, the dreaded red hot dog.  Not a red hot sausage, mind you.......this is a hot dog with a red casing.  I'm not sure you can find them anywhere but northern Maine.  I used to love these when I was a kid.  Not sure if I could stuff one down now to save my life.






Thanks for the submissions, folks.

Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum,

Mike, Oscar, Hotel.....out.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen similar splitting done with old tires holding the logs. Guess you'd have to have several sizes! BTW, did your axe get dull? I notice it just says "The Axe" on Reader now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.....Yeah, the axe is dull. I did that when changing the format of the page. Fact is, I have more axes that are dull than are sharp!

    ReplyDelete