Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Guest Writer Week: Christopherson Salt Chuthers

Christopherson Salt Chuthers

I'd like to introduce Christopherson Salt Chuthers.  The first time I can recall Chuthers was at church camp.  He was a blond ball of fluff, chubby, quiet and polite.  I, of course, was the exact opposite of polite.  My next memory of him was when he took a job at the local convenience store where I worked.  He took a job in the redemption center and again, was always very polite when I spoke to him.  At one point, my coworkers were reviewing a piece he'd written for school.  When I read it, I was sure he had plagiarized.  It was so beautiful, so well written, that I could find no way that a kid (16 years old) with no life experience could have written it.  I challenged him on it and he stuck to his guns.  Little did I know that he would end up being one of my inspirations for writing. 

Beyond that, I'm a guitar player.  I wanted to form a band, but at the time, I was getting out of the party scene.  I wanted to play with people that had clear minds.  His brother suggested that I try playing with Chuthers, stating that he was an excellent drummer.  Again, I doubted this meek young man.  The first time I played with him, I was blown away.  He could play any time signature and was a human metronome.  We went on to write many songs together and form a band that was pure fun.

I respect him on many levels.  He is a good friend, a fantastic writer and a keen observer of the world around him.  His blog name are three names that I've given him and used for years.  I hope he doesn't mind the moniker.  Please click on the link to the left that reads, "Christopherson Salt Chuthers".
__________________________________________________________
In addition, I would like to add a link of the day.  Please visit Tim Smith's blog.  He has two great articles about axes that he has posted within the past few days.  Although we've never met, I really respect Tim and the knowledge that he shares with the bushcraft community.  His bushcraft school, which is located in Masardis, Maine, is a true asset to Aroostook County.  Instead of fighting with the land of Northern Maine, like so many do, he has embraced the country.  There's an old rule in Maine that if you weren't born there, you'll never be a "true Mainer".  You can be a local, but that is it.  I beg to differ.  Tim, in my opinion, is an honorary Mainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment