Sunday, April 3, 2011

Concealed Carry IWB Holster, by Hudson508Hawk

Today in the News:  Today's letter is exactly what I'm looking for, folks.   Let other followers know what you're up to.  Email it to me at thesharpenedaxe@hotmail.com .

Link of the Day: Check out the Eagle Goes Dancing blog.  I like it.  Anyone have any links they want to share?  Email me!

Concealed Carry IWB Holster, by Hudson508Hawk

I recieved a great letter from one of our followers, Hudson508Hawk.  Apparently, he has been experimenting with making IWB (Inside Waist Band) holsters.  Being that I did something similar last year, I found it very interesting.  I hope you do as well.  - MOH

Mike,

My shooting buddy and I were on the hunt for the perfect concealed
carry IWB holster. Looked at a bunch and thought they were cool but
didn't want to pay for what some were asking. Thought I throw you
some pics, this is mine I carry at about 4 oclock position.
I'm also going to be working on one in neutral cant for my buddy who
carries at the 3 oclock position. I used some ideas from the most
popular companies out there, comp-tac, and crossbreed. Both of which
are awesome companies. My thoughts were for the same money I could
buy the materials to make 6 for the money to buy 2 from one of the
companies. Anyhow I thought you would get a kick out of it.

Hudson508Hawk






______________________________________________

Great work, Hudson!  My rational for making my holster was the same.  I work for a non-profit, therefore I'm broke most days.  I figured out that per piece I paid about $2.75 for mine.  It is comfortable and works well.  Here are a few pictures of mine.









As you can see, I double-layered the back so that the button wouldn't rub on the weapon. 

The strap hooks around my belt loop and buttons.  This prevents the holster from coming out when I draw.


I also double and triple stiched with faux sinew to make sure it was nice and strong.



It fits both my CZ-52 and my compact 1911. 




I tend to carry at 4 - 5 o'clock as well.  My design isn't quite as efficient as Hudson's.  I generally have to wear a vest, unless I'm carrying the Taurus Millenium in the caliber of .40 S&W.  That thing is tiny.





Stay tuned this week, folks.  I'll have some more on here about CCW, bmatt will be here with......well, I'm not sure yet. He's been writing some great articles.  Not sure which one to share first!  And the B&A Stowaway will return with his insanity as well.

Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum,

Mike, Oscar, Hotel......out.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of gun owners would love to see this! I for one own (among other things) a Hi-Point C9. I paid around $220 for it new with BG check and it feels like, for the price of some of the holsters that fit it, I could almost buy another one. Not really, but it sure does feel like it some days. I have always wanted a shoulder holster for it, and now I just might make one. Thanks for the inspiration guys!

    TWT
    http://thewanderingthinker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. concealed carry holsters

    ReplyDelete