Sunday, March 6, 2011

Partly Sunny, Mostly Cloudy

Today in the News:  This week will be a good one here on The Axe.  We have two new guest writers making their debuts this week, including my old-time friend, Christopherson, writing about his experiences partridge hunting and his buddy, Scott, writing about his yard sale Mosin Nagant rifle.  It is unlike most that you've seen for a very unique reason!  I've held off with gun articles until now, but it is time.  I love guns and the Second Amendment.

bmatt will be returning later this week as well with a fantastic article about snowshoeing.  His pictures bowl me over every time I see them.  Finland must be a fantastic place to live.

I'll be taking the helm as well writing about *gasp* an axe project.  I know that I have strayed away from the original focus of the blog, but I promise you, I haven't given up on axes.


Bernard Ten Bears Link of the Day:  BTB sent me a list a mile long of cool links, so for now, this section will be entitled as above.  www.macaovens.com (deep dutch ovens-customized)



Partly Sunny, Mostly Cloudy

Well, we did it.  We finally got our first Angora rabbit.  I made the call on Saturday morning and by that afternoon he was home.  The Oompas decided to call him "Sunny".  I suggested the name Cloudy, due to his natural color, but Mrs. Hotel is a big fan of juxtaposition and supported the previous name.



So far, he has been a peach.  We're slowly transitioning him to life in the outdoor cage, so he has been hanging out with me in the evenings.  Rabbits get it.  What, you might ask?  Don't poop on the free range.  Poop in your box.  I had him out for over an hour last night and he never dropped a pebble.  The second I put him in the box, he filled it - several times.  I think it was nerves on his part, but really, his name should have been "Pooper". 



He's close to 5 months old, just short of show-quality (which I could really give a rabbit's behind about) and WOOLLY.  That's the cool part.  He is "blowing his coat" right now and I'm already working on getting a one gallon ziploc bag full of fiber.  If you know any spinners, send them my way.  It won't be long.



Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum,

Mike, Oscar, Hotel.....out.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the yarn you'll spin from your little fluffies. ;)

    bmatt

    ReplyDelete