Thursday, January 27, 2011

And the Winners Are......

Today in the News:  Anybody know a good recipe for tanning hides?  I want to move to the next phase with tanning the buffalo scrotum.  I'm interested in what you have used and what does and doesn't work.  You can leave it in a comment or send a guest post to thesharpenedaxe@hotmail.com .  Just to let you know, I don't have access to brains (not even my own), so that, unfortunately, is not an option.

And the Winners Are....


Photo of Mike Oscar Hotel Provided By:  Chingachgook

I am Mike Oscar Hotel, better known as Mike Oscar Hotel. I'll be your presenter tonight.  If there was a red carpet here on The Sharpened Axe, it would be checkered with black plaid squares and be made of wool.  But there is no red carpet, so don't worry about what you're wearing.  This is a coon skin hat with no black tie event.  Wine being served tonight will be made from fictitious dandelions and the 7 course meal will include imaginary grub worms and Rocky Mountain oysters.  Please take your seat on a cedar stump and enjoy the the show.  Our performers tonight will include John Denver singing "Fly Away ("Do as I Say and Not as I Do") and Louis Armstrong performing "What a Wonderful World" ( Let's Learn How to Use it Properly").

All names were put in a dried buffalo scrotum and drawn at random.  Three-year-olds can't read, so I assure you, there was no bias.

In no particular order:

Dirty - Patriots, by JWR

Frontier Freedom - Magnesium Fire Starter

Solocanoe - Lansky Puck

The Wandering Thinker - Bushcraft, by Mors Kochanski

John Gil - Flint + Steel

Hudson Hawk - Cardboard Stove

Jason Ditzler - Fresnel Lens

For those of you than won, please send your shipping address to thesharpenedaxe@hotmail.com . Items will be shipped next Friday.  If I don't hear from you by then, I'll move onto another name.  Thanks to all that entered!  The pool was pretty small, but that's okay.  I hope you all enjoy your new items!
 Thanks to all that entered.  I appreciate your support and for being followers.  We will now return to our irregularly scheduled broadcast.

Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum,

Mike, Oscar, Hotel....out!!!






1 comment:

  1. I never enter contests, or give or accept awards, but I thought your give-away was pretty neat. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete